Police Scanner Forum.
March 29, 2024, 04:48:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Featured question/poll-
http://policescanner.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,77.0.html

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Scanner Frequencies Premium Members Donate Countrysideforum Staff List Login Register  

Questions about the BCD396T scanner I just purchased

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about the BCD396T scanner I just purchased  (Read 110 times)
xtranaut

Cookies 0

« on: January 30, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

I purchased a BCD396T on EBAY for 350.00. It was advertised as NEW but when I received it, it has Philadelphia Police frequencies in it and none of the interior packaging was in the box. The woman told me she bought it in 2007, has someone put a few frequencies in it, the basically, put it in the box and never used it.

Physically, it looks brand new and all the parts are with it, including the USB programming able. It just irritated me that I could not get this person to admit that something that has been programmed and turned on several times is considered USED.

My questions are as follows:

the scanner is working. Is 350.00 a reasonable price to pay for one that old in great shape?

Do I need to upgrade the firmware in the scanner and how tricky is that procedure without messing something else up?

What the is best and least expensive way to program the scanner? i LIVE IN A TRI-STATE AREA SO I WOULD PUT LOTS OF FREQUENCIES IN..

Are there people who will program these for you if you dont know much about that?

Obviously I am weighing whether I got a good enough deal to keep it...of if it being a 2007 model, it is up to par with something newer I could probably have for the same price. Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum