Police Scanner Forum.
March 29, 2024, 12:40:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Featured question/poll-
http://policescanner.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,77.0.html

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Scanner Frequencies Premium Members Donate Countrysideforum Staff List Login Register  

Hello kinda new

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello kinda new  (Read 95 times)
Uniden-Homepatrol-74
Kermit The Scanner Hermit

Cookies 0

Dont Play Stupid With Me Im Better At It

« on: November 24, 2013, 05:44:35 pm »

I have been a member for a while now.

I just haven't used much. I got better editing software, so i thought id give it a try again!

wont be perfect so please be patient with me!

I have used scanners for quite a while, i started with a hand held, back when it was fun, you could hear drive throughs, baby scanners,cell phones,and lots more.

man I wish i would have kept one! i used it while in security and response officer! I drove 40 or more miles to work.

My favorite thing to do was leave close to a half hour early. And i would stop fro accidents, breakdowns,etc.

I had my old bear cat scanner, and lights, they saved me many times from fake people etc.

I have always just enjoyed reminders of my work, and being able to hear news and other fun events before news or whats not even heard on news.

The digital switch in my area kicked in a year or less ago, my bear cat went silent all of the sudden! I was just getting fire, and when lucky i got a county by me that was still uhf!!

we still have about half or less still holding to uhf, for me the switch a pain! My old bear cat, i had a rg6 through the window to the porch and out a window there!

it was cheap many connections, and a crimped connector, that when yanked down for the new it fell apart and rubber ducky,i still cant find!

to put it short, cheap cord with rubber ducky, and that bear cat picked up a 25 or mile range around my town!!!

The digital, homepatroll squelch, does nothing even all the way up you get static transmissions, the range, who knows, all i know is its not the rage the scanner says!!

other than that and a few others still pretty good scanner, But the antennas, words i cant say!!

i went from the easiest antenna scanner and reception horrible, and very hard to get working, and find the right antenna for your area!

I hope once i get it matched with a antenna it likes for my area, it will be happy, and i will be happy

Its all different catch up, or stay in the past and loose it all!

its a little funny sounding, but it seems the benefit of the starcom system is possibly more range because everyone uses it!

back in the old days i dreamed of state police, couldn't understand where they where and why if dispatch(actually those bullitons i know know)!

But dreams have nightmares! state police is so loud, turn up for local, and state come blareing over it, tvs have commercial auto volumes why not scanners
Report Spam   Logged

“I am aware that I am less than some people prefer me to be, but most people are unaware that I am so much more than what they see
"It's good to know that if I behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for me.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum