Police Scanner Forum.
March 29, 2024, 02:41:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO A POLICE SCANNER CLICK BELOW IT HAS POLICE SHERIFF AND FIRE. ITS FREE
http://www.scanmiamivalley.com/index.php

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Scanner Frequencies Premium Members Donate Countrysideforum Staff List Login Register  

Buying a scanner

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying a scanner  (Read 416 times)
She_Who_Laughs

Cookies 0

« on: July 24, 2009, 10:09:38 pm »

Hi All.  I just registered...and am looking forward to lots of new information. 
I'm a middle aged widow, with a new interest in police scanning.  Primarily because my daughter just started a new job as a 911 dispatcher.  I used to have a small Uniden scanner, and would listen to local frequencies.  It no longer works, and so now i want to buy a new scanner.

This brings me to my first big question, which I may post elsewhere on the forum as well. I don't know if this is even possible, but my daughter and I thought it would be really fun if I could hear her dispatching. Is there a scanner available out there that has the capability of picking up activity about 100 or so miles from me?  That is how far apart we are.  I sure hope so, and if so, I would appreciate any advice on what kind to buy. 

I hope to be scanning soon, and can't wait to go through all the info here on the forum

10-4

Christa
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum